Well, i found the solution for the screen resolution problem which i was saying in the last post. i found it when going thru ubuntuforums. It seems to be a simple one, but it required you to go to the terminal.
- go to /etc/X11 (cd /etc/X11)
- see if xorg.conf file is there. (ls)
- if there delete it. (sudo rm -i xorg.conf)
- now execute sudo nvidia-settings.
- Set the new configuration and resolution and save it.
I found this info here. It is slightly different, i had skipped a step, the one before the last step in that posting.
I found the reason for the volume going down to zero occasionaly when starting the system. It happens whenever i connect / disconnect my headphones and microphone. I don’t know why this is happening. Will have to look into it…..